- Prevents cardiovascular disease
- Improves the immune system
- Helps breathing
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Treats anemia
- Increases libido- Improves metabolism
In addition to the medical benefits, Beet tea has many other benefits!
- Due to a rich set of vitamins, Beet tea is an excellent at fighting vitamin deficiencies in the spring
- Beetroot is a valuable source of iron (beet drinks contribute to the formation of red blood cells and improves blood composition)
- One of the valuable organic substances contained in beets is betaine. which promotes the breakdown and assimilation of proteins involved in the formation of choline, which increases the activity of liver cells
- In alternative medicine, Beet broth is recommended to dissolve stones in the gallbladder
- Beetroot is rich in fiber and organic acids, which enhance intestinal peristalsis, so it is indispensable for relaxing the stool;
- Cosmetologists advise to use beet drinks to prevent dryness of the skin, and nutritionists recommend to introduce beet dishes into your diet.
Some interesting facts about Beets!
The people of the Balkans and Eastern Europe used beets to protect themselves from the plague. Beet juice was used in drug recipes by many ancient healers including Avicenna, Hippocrates, and Paracelsus. The ancient Greeks valued this vegetable so much that gifts in gratitude were made in the form of silver beet.